How to join up for Google’s “Preview Program” for the Android Home app to get early access to upcoming smart home features.
This “APK Insight” post decompiles a Google Play Store app. Decompiling these files (called APKs for Android apps) reveals code that hints at future functionality. Google may or may not release these functionalities, and our interpretation may be off. We’ll try to show you how those closer to completion will look once they ship. Read on.
Google’s Chromecasts, Google Home speakers, and Nest Hub displays all have public preview programmes. In recent years, the preview programme has been used to test Google’s Fuchsia operating system, but it’s usually used to evaluate new features before release.
Google may add the Google Home app to its Preview Program. As shown below, the sign up page says the Preview Program will unlock “early features” in Google Home, but they may be buggy.
What’s Google Home?
Google Home is a smart home app. Built-in Google Assistant. You can operate Google Assistant-enabled cameras, lighting, and speakers.
This app connects Google Home, Nest, Chromecasts, and Nest Cams. Google Home works with numerous third-party smart gadgets. Make sure non-Google smart devices are Google Assistant-compatible.
The software manages calendars, to-do lists, and media subscriptions. Google Home manages smart devices and app services for free. Netflix, Spotify, and Hulu still require subscriptions.
Google Home’s audience
Google Home simplifies smart home device management. Moreover, Google Home lets you connect smart devices to media subscriptions. Google Home requires a Google account.
If you don’t have a Google account, you can easily create a free Gmail account. Use a personal Gmail account instead of a school or business Google account.
Google Home app can operate these smart devices that support Google Assistant:
- Google TV/Chromecast, Display, Speaker.
- Doorbell, Lightbulb, Plug, Sensor, Wi-Fi, Thermostat.
- Smoke/CO alarm, lock, and camera.
Google Home’s Benefits
Depending on your smart devices and app services, Google Home has various uses. Common:
- Install Google smart devices including Nest Audio, Nest Hub Max, Chromecast, and Nest Cam.
- Using Google Home, Google Duo, and Nest Audio, make free video calls with single requests.
- Google Home app can control thousands of third-party Google Assistant devices.
- Train Google Assistant to meet your needs.
- Give home members access to your smart gadgets.
- Create a speaker group using smart speakers. This lets you play music in other rooms or use the speakers as an intercom.
- Create a second Home on your device to control all your smart gadgets from one app.
- Nest Audio supports on-demand music. Spotify, YouTube Music, and Pandora are supported by Google Home.
- Immersive entertainment comes from Netflix, Hulu, and Youtube Premium.
- Manage utility rebates, podcast rewards, and home service discounts.
More on Google:
- Google Pixel 6a is Android’s iPhone SE.
- Home Kit Settings To Disable Or Adjust
- Google Meet Now Has 2 Apps